How To Make a Jewelry Box at Home : Jewelry is Women’s’ most prized possession. They love it so much that they treasure it with fondness. They even associate memories with it. When and where they bought it, or who gifted it to them at which occasion them and so on. So they keep adding trinkets to their collection. To organize these things, is needed a jewelry box. Why do you want to choose a simple box when your jewelry collection is so creative and unique? Store your stuff in a stylish way. Buying one is good, but making a box by yourself is also a great idea. Here are some simple ways in which you can prepare a jewelry box all by yourself, wherein you can show your creativity in adding designs to the box. We will present you two models of boxes that can be easily made at home. Let’s see how!
To begin with, here is the list of items that are needed to prepare a jewelry box.
- Foam Board
- Parts diagram
- Hot silicone glue
- Glue stick
- 5 Beads
- Decorative paper
You may download the parts diagram by clicking here.
Step 1: Here’s how the diagram looks like. Cut all the parts to according to the diagram.
Step 2: Now that all the parts are ready, draw a line of 3cm from the edge.
Step 3: Now, attach all these with glue as shown. For this purpose, you need to use silicone glue.
Step 8: Now that the drawer and shelf are ready, insert the drawer into the shelf. By now, a rough structure is ready. We now have a drawer in the lower compartment and four partitions in the upper.
Step 15: Now insert the drawer.
Here is an enchanting jewelry box ready to use. You may prepare one for yourself or gift it for others, a personalized jewelry box!
Checkout the below video to watch how to make this jewelry box at your home:
This is an innovative model in which we turn an old note book into a jewelry box. Wondering how!
Let us see how it is possible!
Step 1: Firstly choose an old book with a hard cover that you no longer need. Choose a book of any length depending on your requirement. i.e., a long note book if you want a big box, a shorter one for a small box.
Step 2: Draw a rectangle on the first page of the book, leaving one inch space from the edges of all four sides.
Step 3: Cut along the lines of the rectangle with the help of an X-Acto knife. You may use a ruler for cutting, so that it comes straight. Cut all the pages in the same way, taking a handful of pages at a time.
Step 4: Remove the page rectangles in the centre.
Step 7: Now, paint the outside of all of the pages as well as the edges of the pages that are exposed inside the rectangle that you cut.
Step 8: Leave the top cover of the book unglued. But stick the pages of the book to its bottom cover. Let it dry for some time.
Step 9: After it is completely dry, lift the front cover of the book. And you will see your old book morphed to a storage box. You can store the jewelry in the space obtained after cutting the rectangle.
Step 10: Now that the structure of box is complete, Bring out your creativity to decorate it artistically. You can stick rhinestones, fabric designs like flowers or anything else according to your taste. You may even write some messages on it.
Now that you possess the skill of making jewelry boxes, don’t hesitate to buy more and more trinkets, as you can have as many jewelry boxes as you need. Keep adorning your dressing table with self-made jewelry boxes.
Note: Model 2 and its images are sourced from here.
See 6 more ways to make jewelry boxes at home :
- The Making of Claude Lalanne’s Exquisite Copper Jewelry Box – New York Times – Provides an amazing insights about creating copper jewelry box from scratch.
- Make your own Oak Jewelry Box by Instructibles – This article provides clear instructions with measurements and step by step tutorial to make your own Oak Jewelry Box.
- Make a jewelry box from Fence Post Caps as shown in Easy to Craft.
- If you are fond of wood – go right to popularwoodworking to learn on how to make a wooden jewelry box with perfect finish.
- Thinking of giving a satisfying activity to your kid to make a small jewelry box for her monther. Get the detailed activity and plan from Education.com – http://www.education.com/activity/article/craft-mother-day-jewelry-box/
- Finally – if you want to become a pro in crating jewelry boxes, I got you covered. There are 19 free plans available with measurements to get you going.
Do let us know when you create a jewelry box in comments.